Delaware Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
The Delaware Non-Disclosure Agreement is a legally-binding template, that once completed, protects valuable information that has been acquired or developed over a significant amount of time. Without a way of securing such essential information it would be far more difficult for companies to maintain a competitive advantage, and in some cases, stay in business altogether. Unique to Delaware, the NDA’s available for download below require little editing, and are viewed as official legal documents upon signing.
Delaware Trade Secret Law
The following are sections § 2001 through § 2009 regarding Delaware’s Trade Secret laws:
- § 2001: Defines “Improper Means,” “Misappropriation,” “Person,” and “Trade secret”
- § 2002: Describes when Injunctive Relief can or will be ordered by the court
- § 2003: When the complainant can receive compensation for damages
- § 2004: The situation(s) which garner having the winning party’s attorney fees covered
- § 2005: States what the court will do in order to protect the trade secret(s)
- § 2006: Statute of Limitations for cases involving misappropriation
- § 2007: The laws which are and are not affected by Delawares Title 6 Chapter 20
- § 2008: Application of the chapter (6)
- § 2009: States the chapter can be cited as the “Uniform Trade Secrets Act”
How to Write in PDF & Word
Step 2 – Enter the following details:
- The current Date the contract is being completed,
- The Name and Address of the company (or individual) sharing the secret information (the “Disclosing Party”), and
- The Name and Address of the individual or company learning the confidential information (the “Receiving Party”).
Step 3 – At the bottom of the second (2nd) page, both parties write the following details:
- Their Printed Names,
- Their Titles within their companies (if applicable), and
- The Dates in which they are signing the document.
Finally, both parties must write their Signatures onto the contract—thus putting it into effect.