Delaware Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) Template
The Delaware Non-Disclosure Agreement is a legally-binding template, that once completed, protects valuable information that has been acquired or developed over a significant amount of time. Without a way of securing such essential information it would be far more difficult for companies to maintain a competitive advantage, and in some cases, stay in business altogether. Unique to Delaware, the NDA’s available for download below require little editing, and are viewed as official legal documents upon signing.
Delaware Trade Secret Law
The following are sections § 2001 through § 2009 regarding Delaware’s Trade Secret laws:
- § 2001 Defines “Improper Means,” “Misappropriation,” “Person,” and “Trade secret”
- § 2002 Describes when Injunctive Relief can or will be ordered by the court
- § 2003 When the complainant can receive compensation for damages
- § 2004 The situation(s) which garner having the winning party’s attorney fees covered
- § 2005 States what the court will do in order to protect the trade secret(s)
- § 2006 Statute of Limitations for cases involving misappropriation
- § 2007 The laws which are and are not affected by Delawares Title 6 Chapter 20
- § 2008 Application of the chapter (6)
- § 2009 States the chapter can be cited as the “Uniform Trade Secrets Act”
How to Write in PDF & Word
Step 2 – Enter the current Date the contract is being completed. Enter the Name and Address of the company (or individual) sharing the secret information (the “Disclosing Party”). Next, on the third (3) line, enter the Name and Address of the individual or company learning the confidential information (also called the “Receiving Party”).
Step 3 – At the bottom of the second (2) page, have both parties write their Printed Names, their Titles within their companies (if applicable), and the Dates in which they are signing the document. Then, have both parties write their Signatures onto the contract – thus putting it into effect.